1/2 Photos of Blue Smoke Deviled Eggs
echo echo's Note:
From the Blue Smoke restaurant on E. 27th Street in New York City. When I make them I actually just cut them in half lengthwise rather than the way described here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce the heat, and simmer for exactly 9 minutes.
- 3Pour off most of the water and immediately run cold water over the eggs.
- 4Crack the eggshells, roll each egg between your palms and peel under running water.
- 5Cut a small sliver off both ends of each egg (so they'll sit without wobbling) and halve them crosswise, forming round cups.
- 6Remove the yolks, and mix with the mayonnaise through curry powder with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Mound the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- 9(For fancier eggs, spoon the yolk mixture into a pastry bag with a star tip, and pipe the mixture into the egg whites to form rosettes).
- 10Refrigerate until served.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Smoke Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.9 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tarragon-infused champagne vinegar