Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a really delicous & unique cheesecake. No springform pan needed. Originally pulled this out of Good Housekeeping in 2008. It was created by Lindell Hughes & she won a state fair ribbon for it. Easy & wonderful.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F In 13"x9" glass or ceramic baking dish, mix crumbs, butter, cinnamon & 1/2 cup sugar until crumbs are evenly moistened. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, 1/8 t. salt & remaining sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add sour cream; beat 30 seconds or until blended.
- 3. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust & spread evenly. Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven & sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Return to oven baking 10 minutes longer. Turn oven off; leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour. Remove & cool completely on wire rack. Cover & refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.
Yummy! The only modification I made was that I used a springform pan to make it more visually appealing. This was nice and moist and I received rave reviews. I served this with homemade cherry pie filling. The only modification I would make is to add a little bit of lemon juice but, that is personal preference. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for spring 2014 PAC.