Tina Klein's Note:
I found this recipe while surfing the internet for Blue Ribbon Recipes and thought I would share it.. Winner of the 30th Pillsbury Bakeoff Contest 1998
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh lime wedge, if desired
- fresh orange wedge, if desired
- 1Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3Add chicken; cook and stir 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4In medium bowl, combine salsa, marmalade, brown sugar, lime juice and allspice; mix well.
- 5Add to chicken; mix well.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Stir in cilantro.
- 9Serve over hot cooked rice.
- 10Garnish with lime and orange wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Caribbean Salsa Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 544.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 29.4 g