Recipe by Bergy
I found this recipe on the internet, made a few changes to suit my taste. Very good Burger. Add whatever condiments you want. I like slice raw sweet onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard and pickle on the side. Don't forget to get some good buns and toast one side
Top Review by ROBIN PENA
I made these last night and they were so good. I have made burgers with just blue cheese in the middle, but these were much better. I think the cream cheese makes the blue cheese a tad less strong, but still very good. I also added some garlic salt to the cheese mixture and will again next time I make them because it tasted really good with the blue cheese. I also topped the burgers with swiss cheese, red onion and mayo. Thanks for another great one!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled &,srushed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced quite thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the meat, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt& pepper.
- Shape the meat into 12 thin patties apprx 4 1/2" across.
- Mix the cream cheese& blue cheese.
- Top 6 of the patties with the cheese mixture and spread evenly to within 1/2" of the edges Press the mushroom slices into the cheese mixture.
- Cover each pattie with one of the remaining patties, seal the edges well, don't have any peek holes Fry the patties or BBQ 4" from heat (Iprefer frying them- fry one side on high until well browned flip turn heat to medium low cover with a lid and continue cooking for apprx 12 minutes) If you are BBQing cook one side flip and contiue cooking total time 10-15 minutes.