Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Aunt Kay co-owned a restaurant and this is her special recipe. A MUST for left-over ham! Over the years I've made it easier and single family sized. ENJOY!
- 1 package macaroni and cheese mix (I prefer velveeta type)
- 1 cup beef gravy (jar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fix mac n' cheese as directed on package, but a bit al dente.
- Saute onions in butter/oil for 5 minutes.
- Mix with gravy.
- Add ham, gravy, and cheese to macaroni, mix well.
- (reserve a bit of cheese for top).
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
My wife requested mac and cheese with ham for her birthday dinner so I found this recipe. I loved it! Unfortunately she didn't. She didn't like the flavor the gravy imparted to the dish, or I would have given it 5 stars. I used regular Kraft mac and cheese, and doubled the recipe. But, I omitted the onion as my wife is allergic.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this for my families dinner. I had some ham I wanted to use up. When I made this I used Kraft mac & cheese. I also used canned gravy which I used the whole 10oz can. I left the cheese off the top. Overall I'd make this for sure. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Oh My!!!...Diner Comfort and Taste!!!...Thank your Aunt Kay for me for such an original and delicious taste in one meal.....I will make this again and again and again....