Canadian Living's Macaroni and Cheese With Ham
photo by Parsley
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; saute onion and ham until onion is soft.
- Add flour and cook, stirring until well mixed.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until just melted.
- While making sauce, cook macaroni in a separate pot, until tender but firm.
- Drain and put back into pot.
- Combine with sauce, then pour into a 2 litre baking dish or casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Broil for about 3 minutes, until brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this a month ago and I'm making it again because it was so delicious! The only thing I did to change the recipe was omit the onion and used all my leftover ham (about double). Its great cause I can also make it for my vegetarian friends by putting noodles with cheese aside before adding the ham. So fantastic!
Ok so I really changed the recipe which I know is annoying but it pretty much is like the best thing I ever made so I have to share. Used 2.5 cups of cheese, but 1/2 cup was blue cheese, 1.5 cup was Sargento Chipotle Cheddar and the rest velveeta. Doubled the ham like the other reviewer. OH MY GOD. The Chipotle Cheddar with the velveeta is AWESOME. My boyfriend is coming home to eat it in like a half an hour and I bet I will be lucky tonight!