Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
To celebrate the blue moon on New Year's Eve I made & enjoyed a version of a drink from Blue Ice American Vodka. The original recipe is called a Blue Ghost but I changed it up & changed the name to fit the special occasion. The second full moon in a month is called a blue moon. December 31, 2009's blue moon was coupled with a partial lunar eclipse. The next time a blue moon will fall on a New Year's Eve will be in the year 2028 and at that time a full lunar eclipse will occur. I'm usually an Absolut vodka gal, but in this case I needed a gluten free vodka. Amazingly, I found a vodka made in my home state out of our famous Idaho russet potatoes. This drink is smooth & so beautiful! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces blue ice american vodka
- 1 ounce blue curacao
- 4 ounces Sprite (or 7-Up)
- 1 lime (a squeeze for drink & a slice for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- Fill a 6-8 oz glass with crushed ice.
- Add vodka, Curacao & soda.
- Give the lime a squeeze over the drink.
- Garnish with a slice of lime & serve.