Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
A lovely looking recipe posted in response to a recipe request. Cook time is freezing time.
- 3 cups finely chopped pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup blue curacao, to taste
- 2 quarts good quality vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine fruit, sugar and curacao.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for approximately five minutes.
- Strain into a bowl, reserving pineapple solids.
- Temper ice cream in the refrigerator until slightly softened.
- Add pineapple and stir to combine completely.
- Return to freezer for two hours; stir again.
- Freeze until completely firm.
- Ice cream will keep approximately one week.