Blue Moon Ice Cream
this is exactly like the blue moon ice cream that can be found in northern michigan at kilwins. Its also the same that i used to have in the summers as a kid in the 70's. there isn't any pineapple or alcohol in this!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 3 teaspoons vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavored oil or 1 cup frozen raspberries, pureed
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavored oil or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 Cup of milk scalded in pan.
- add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt. stir till dissolved.
- add 1/2 cup of half and half.
- add 11/2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- add vanilla, raspberry, lemon flavoring.
- add blue food coloring.
- chill in fridge till very cold.
- put in ice cream machine!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It may be a regional thing (I'm from northern illinois) but blue moon has always been labelled as an "almond flavor" and it does taste like almond extract a bit, so for me this is way too fruity and the lemon oil is over powering despite having only used 1/4 teaspoon and after I added a whole teaspoon of almond extract to try and balance it out. I would love to try this recipe again with more almond extract, less lemon oil and maybe vanilla paste instead of extract since the vanilla flavor gets lost under everything else.1Reply
see 13 more