Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Blend three flavors that you never thought would blend...cinnamon, maple, and blueberries...for this yummy yummy smoothie-drink. (Originally from "Juices Smoothies and Shakes", a cookbook I bought while in Thailand)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (take these out of the freezer first and let them thaw a bit while you get the rest of the ingredient)
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup blackberry spreadable fruit
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more cinnamon and a pinch of sugar, blend again.
This was a very tasty smoothie! The first one I've made in my brand new blender and I'm definitely very happy with it. I made a half recipe, with a couple subs - I used blueberry preserves rather than blackberry, full-fat yogurt, 2% milk and slightly less cinnamon than called for (the kind I have is organic and very strong). I love the hint of maple flavor and the fact that this was just sweet enough and naturally sweetened rather than using sugar. It was a gorgeous almost florescent purple-blue. I really am not a big "fruit" person, but I do enjoy smoothies, and this was great. I really was surprised at how well the maple, cinnamon and blueberry paired. I found the cinnamon a bit dominating, but again, that may be because of my rather strong organic cinnamon. All-in-all highly recommended, a great treat or snack! I think this would be very easy to make vegan too- just substitute soy yogurt and soy milk for the dairy! Thanks for what was indeed a "yummy yummy" smoothie!! :)