Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe online, the Blue Heaven is a fantastic Key West restaurant that I used to frequent, eat outside with roosters running around you, a great tire swing in the yard...it's a kind of eclectic (young hippy-like) restaurant with award winning gourmet chefs.
- This is an edited version of the original, but oh so yum! I used some Swanson's fat free broth vs. wine, mainly because it's what I had, and I added the capers because I like them!
- The trick is to use a VERY HOT pan to sear the scallops. I used the large sea scallops and I sprayed the pan with cooking spray first. Then you quickly add the garlic. When done quickly, it browns the scallops slightly and thus you get a brownish sauce to go along.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, capers which will cool down the pan so the scallops and garlic stop cooking.
- Cook for just a minute, add the wine or broth, stir it up to get the scrapings into the sauce (like clarifying?) and simmer for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and add the butter slice, swirl it to finish the sauce.
- This is some good stuff fit for a very special occasion. I served with shrimp scampi, asparagus with hollandaise, and garlic bread which was a great way to enjoy all those flavors as dipping sauces.