Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb blue corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Chop vegetables and place into a 4-quart pot.
- Sauté vegetables over medium heat in 4 tablespoons of butter heat until fork tender- approximately 8- 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil slowly, watch not to scald the bottom of the pot.
- Bring down to a simmer and cook until the tortillas and the vegetables are cooked- approximately 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, and salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat place soup into a blender& blend until smooth.
- Watch not to fill the blender to high.
- The soup can scald you.