- 4 slices bread
- 1 red apple, with the skin left on grated
- 1⁄2 red onion, grated
- 200 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 75 g walnut pieces
- sea salt (if needed)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill (broiler).
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Place grated apple and onion in a sieve and with the back of a spoon squeeze out excess liquid.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with the cheese and walnuts.
- Season with the pepper and salt if needed.
- Divide the mixture among the toast and completely cover each piece.
- Place on a baking sheet and grill until cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.