Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a great dressing to have on hand to put on anything from a simple green salad to sliced tomatoes. I like to mix up a batch on Fridays to have on hand for the weekend. I found this recipe on the Epicurious website.
- 103.53 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 177.44 ml crumbled blue cheese (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce, such as tabasco
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- Heat 1 T oil in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat; add garlic and saute until golden, about 1 minute.
- Transfer garlic mixture to a blender or food processor; add blue cheese, white wine vinegar, water, sugar, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and remaining 6 T of olive oil.
- Blend well.
- Transfer vinaigrette to a bowl; mix in chopped basil.
- Can be prepared 2 days ahead, cover and refrigerate.
Hey Jude, this is terrific blue cheese vinaigrette! When I read it I thought that it probably shouldn't be called a vinaigrette with a T of sugar in it, but it's still plenty tangy. It just doesn't take your breath away as some, loaded with vinegar, do. It's perfect. And it's just become the official house dressing.
I'm a big fan of Blue Cheese and I loved this vinaigrette. Not too overpowering but still has a little "bite" to it. I served this over fresh baby spinach and it was wonderful.
Well.... I think I finally found the recipe for a TGIFs salad dressing that they no longer have on the menu! I absolutely loved it on their Cobb Salad and its just not the same without it! I can't wait to make this! Thanks for sharing!