1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A twist on traditional cornbread stuffing from the pages of Texas Monthly. I haven't tried this, but it looks very interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, seeded and diced (2 large jalapenos)
- 2 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup flour
Additional ingredients to make the dressing
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8" square baking pan.
- 2In a mixing bowl combine the first seven ingredients and set aside.
- 3Sift together the cornmeal, baking powder, and flour.
- 4Whisk the dry ingredients into the buttermilk mixture.
- 5Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6While the cornbread is baking, sautè the onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet until translucent.
- 7Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients except the stock and pepper.
- 8Combine, then slowly add stock, mixing until well incorporated.
- 9Add pepper to taste.
- 10Bake in a covered casserole dish for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Cornbread Dressing/ Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 1364.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g