Recipe by Manami
Double or triple it -- easy to prepare, makes a nice presentation and tastes great!Originally found on landolakes.com.
- 12 slices French baguettes (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons land o lakes butter, softened
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread one side of bread slices with 1 tablesppon butter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet buttered side up. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile combine remaining butter, blue cheese, chives or green onions, & crushed red pepper flakes in small bowl; mix well.
- Turn bread slices over. Spread unbuttered sides evenly with blue cheese mixture; sprinkle with a combo of bell peppers. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese mixture begins to melt.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
- Variation: Instead of the bell peppers use 1/4 cup toasted, finely chopped walnuts.
- *Tip: Prepare toasted bread slices and cheese mixture early in the day or day before. Store toasted bread slices in a tightly covered air-tight container at room temperature and cheese mixture covered in refrigerator. When ready to use let cheese mixture come to room temp.*.