Red, White and Blue Bruschetta
Cannellini beans, pimentos and garlic mingle with dried blueberries in the July 4th-inspired treat. A subtle mix of salty and sweet offer a variety of textures in this hearty appetizer. Use organic ingredients and make a tasty, easy treat for your guests!
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (white kidney)
- 4 ounces pimientos
- 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Chop pimiento, save liquid.
- Mince garlic.
- Mix beans, pimientos, oil from pimiento jar, 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic in sauce pan.
- Heat bean mixture on low.
- Add dash of salt.
- Place bread slices onto cookie sheet and toast in oven at 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Add dried blueberries to bean mixture and stir.
- Arrange toast on a platter and spoon bean mixture onto each slice.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over toast and beans while on platter.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top.