Recipe by EeeGee
A creamy, tasty and impressive pasta dish that is suitable for vegetarians. Rocket, usually thought of as lettuce is actually a herb, the warmth in the dish wilts it a little and its peppery flavour goes really well with the other ingredients. My girlfriends are really pleased when I make this for them for lunch.
- 375 g dried tagliatelle pasta noodles (or other ribbon pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or crushed)
- 150 g mascarpone cheese
- 180 g blue cheese
- 100 g baby rocket
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a fast boil and add the pasta, follow packet directions for cook time, cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, leaving just a little cooking water and return it to the saucepan to keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking.
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring for about 8 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes until the garlic softens a little and become aromatic.
- Add the marscapone and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the blue cheese and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the blue cheese melts.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the rocket.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the sauce and toss together.
- Serve sprinkled with the black pepper.