Recipe by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
This recipe belongs to The Chart House Restaurant. They have a number of locations with renowned chefs. The menu compliments the local cuisine which I love. Also many of their restaurants are on the Ocean. http://www.chart-house.com/
Top Review by Lee Bess T.
I have been making this recipe for over 40 years from when I first got it at a Chart House that no longer exists (Simsbury, CT). I have made it countless times for dinners at home or parties. It is simply the best there is.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat together first 6 ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise and beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in bleu cheese.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Note: Sometimes I will add 1/2 the bleu cheese, when adding the mayo. This gives the dressing a smoother consistency when serving to younger taste buds. Cooking time is 24hr. refrigeration.