From Woman's Day magazine October 11, 1994 pages 151 - 152. Pictured on page 114
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 quart skim milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup corn kernel, drained (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 4 cups coarsely shredded romaine lettuce or 4 cups other crisp lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 C)
- 1Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium high heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- 2Add 3 C of the milk the potatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat.
- 4Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- 5While potatoes cook, whisk 1/2 C of the remaining milk with the flour until blended.
- 6Stir milk mix into soup along with the remaining 1/2 C of milk and the corn.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- 8Add romaine and tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer, or until lettuce is wilted.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g