Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really good as a light meal served with crusty rolls. Easy and quick to make.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 3 -4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place salad greens on a large serving platter.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing.
I made this to take to picnic at an outdoor concert and it was a big hit. I did let the dressing sit in the fridge for several hours to mix the flavours and it was worth it. I also used more than 1 cup of greens for each salad because this was our main dish. Bearing that in mind, I probably should have (at least) doubled the recipe for the dressing.
This was really good. I used ranch dressing instead of the mayo like Chris suggested. My whole family enjoyed this salad. The only change that I made is that I added some cubed cheddar cheese. This salad tastes like a club salad but better!
I made this for dinner tonight and both my husband and I loved it! I used a couple of smoked chicken breasts from the shop. It's quite a filling but at the same time a light meal, great for summer. Thanks for sharing!