Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a salad cookbook
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 celery rib
- 2 lemon slices (obtional)
- lettuce leaf
- 2 teaspoons tomato juice or 2 teaspoons vegetable juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- celery salt or celery seed, to taste
- 1 drop Worcestershire sauce
- cayenne pepper (obtional) or Tabasco sauce
- Dice the tomato and celery and put in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing, mixing all ingredients. Put on the veggies and stir with a spoon to coat well.
- In a plate, put lettuce leaves and put the veggies in the center. Garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately.
- The tomato and celery can be mixed the day before and kept in the fridge 12 hours.
Very good salad! I reviewed this during the time that food.com was transitioning.....so my original review never posted. I used V-8 juice, and everything came together wonderfully.. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Great idea for a salad. I added some garlic. I served it on shredded lettuce instead on a leaf. I usually have all these ingredients on hand so I'm sure I'll make it again.
This was a perfect combination of tasteful salad additions, (I added a bit of sliced red onion - cause I had to use this for another recipe) and the dressing! Oh the dressing...easy to put together, and I used the optional Tabasco and cayenne pepper addition as this only added spice and not heat. I didn't have celery salt so I added 1/8 teaspoon of salt to minced homemade dried celery leaves and sprinkled this right on the salad. Very tasty! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* September 09