Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for ZWT. From a Moroccan recipe article in our Australian Delicious Magazine. Sugar syrup will keep for up to a month in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 pinch of edible dried rose petals (optional)
- ice cube
- rose petal (to garnish)
- 100 g fresh blood plums, flesh chopped (or)
- 100 g canned plums
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- If using fresh plums, simmer plums, 3 teaspoons sugar and 3 teaspoons water in a small pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes to soften.
- Puree cooked or canned plums, then strain through a sieve to give about 1/4 cup.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/4 cup water in a pan over low heat, then bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove pan from heat and cool sugar syrup completely.
- Meanwhile chill 2 martini glasses.
- Combine the plum puree, vodka, lemon juice, rosewater, dried petals (if using) and 1 Tablespoon sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake, then strain into martini glasses.
- Float a fresh rose petal in each glass and serve.