Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
have not tried this yet..found it in a newspaper..
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup black walnut
- Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt in a heavy 3 quart saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cook at a fairly low boil to the soft ball stage.(236*) add butter without stirring.
- Cool to lukewarm.(110*).
- Add vanilla and beat until candy looses it's gloss and starts to thicken.
- Stir in black walnuts.
- Pour at once into a lightly buttered 8" square pan, cool until firm.
- then cut into pieces.