Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
recipe adapted from Cooking Light magazine..originally found in a newspaper.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- sugar substitute (equivalent to 1 tbls gran. sugar)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 medium unpeeled granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In blender or food processor, combine the first eight ingredients;.
- cover and process until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, apples, oranges and pecans.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese.