Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can serve cold. If you serve cold you can use Splenda sugar blend or Splenda brown sugar blend. This does not have to be cooked. If heated & served warm, use regular brown or white sugar.
- Place water,salt and lemon juice in blender.
- Add half of the apple slices with half of the sugar or Splenda blend.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Add other half of apples. Add the other half of sugar or Splenda blend and add allspice.
- Pulse until all is blended.
- Taste. If you want more sugar, add 1 tsp at a time. Stir until blended.
- Cover, chill and serve or serve immediately.
- This applesauce is not light colored. It is very good. There is a lot of water and whiteners in manufactured applesauces and I personally prefer making my own. When I don't want to open a whole quart of home canned I make this recipe.Very quick to prepare.
I had extra fall apples and played around, using honey not sugar, using OJ and a squeeze of lime, because I didn't have any lemons. I tossed in cinnamon and cloves, because I love them, but this recipe is so easy, forgiving, and delicious! I'll never forget how it's possible to make INSTANT applesauce- TX Montana Heart Song
Tried this tonight with the many fresh apples from the local orchard.....delicious. Kids love it. Thanks.