Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can serve cold. If you serve cold you can use Splenda sugar blend or Splenda brown sugar blend. This does not have to be cooked. If heated & served warm, use regular brown or white sugar.
- 3 cups fresh apples, slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 dashes salt or 2 dashes salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Place water,salt and lemon juice in blender.
- Add half of the apple slices with half of the sugar or Splenda blend.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Add other half of apples. Add the other half of sugar or Splenda blend and add allspice.
- Pulse until all is blended.
- Taste. If you want more sugar, add 1 tsp at a time. Stir until blended.
- Cover, chill and serve or serve immediately.
- This applesauce is not light colored. It is very good. There is a lot of water and whiteners in manufactured applesauces and I personally prefer making my own. When I don't want to open a whole quart of home canned I make this recipe.Very quick to prepare.
I had extra fall apples and played around, using honey not sugar, using OJ and a squeeze of lime, because I didn't have any lemons. I tossed in cinnamon and cloves, because I love them, but this recipe is so easy, forgiving, and delicious! I'll never forget how it's possible to make INSTANT applesauce- TX Montana Heart Song
Tried this tonight with the many fresh apples from the local orchard.....delicious. Kids love it. Thanks.