1/5 Photos of Blackened Tilapia
Excellent balance of flavors and super easy. Great flavor without the smoke from high heat blackening. No need to heat a cast iron skillet to surface temps of the sun for this one. You can use your non stick pan on medium. Not a true blacken but exceptional flavor just the same. I recommend using Emerils Essence for the creole seasoning. Got this little treasure from a package insert of tilapia fillets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place fillets in milk and soak for 30 to 60 minutes in refrigerator.
- 2Meanwhile combine the 1/2 cup flour with the creole seasoning ( I recommend Emeril's Essence). Mix well.
- 3When ready, remove fish one at a time and coat with flour mixture, shaking off loose excess before cooking.
- 4Heat non stick pan on medium heat with 1 TBS of oil until rim of pan is hot to touch.
- 5Cook fillet(s) until the they flake easily, roughly about 3 minutes per side.
- 6Sprinkle with desired salt once on plate and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 65.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 26.7 g