Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
When you find a spice mixture you like, double or triple the recipe, and save the extra to use with other seafood (such as shrimp), chicken, pork, or even potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 (6 ounce) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the paprika mixture.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add fish; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
We love fried catfish but for health reasons thought we would try a different method. This recipe is so easy and delicious! Cut the recipe in half and I did use more olive oil, 2 tablespoons instead of teaspoons. Excellent!Thanks Al!!