Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a friend. This can be a relatively light dessert and it's berry flavor lifts up anyone's mood :)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar (vegetable gelatin)
- 7 tablespoons skim milk (or whole milk)
- 2 cups blackberries (other berries can be substituted like strawberries or raspberries)
- 7⁄8 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar, agar-agar, and milk with 3 tbsp.
- of water until the sugar and agar-agar are dissolved.
- Stir well.
- Puree the berries in food processor and pass the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Mix this with the sugar syrup and the remaining ingredients and put this in the ice-cream machine.
- Freeze, following the machine's instructions.
- (Time will vary with different machines).