Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Summer at it very best. Nothing could be better for a BBQ dessert or a weekend brunch on the deck.
- 1419.54 ml fresh blackberries
- 78.07 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon, divided
- 295.73 ml buttermilk baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 7.39 ml finely grated lemon peel
- 118.29 ml chilled whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Toss berries, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Transfer to 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- Bake until berries soften, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix and lemon peel in medium bowl.
- Add cream, tossing until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls over filling.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in cup; sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over top.
- Bake until filling bubbles thickly and tester inserted into biscuits comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Spoon cobbler into bowls.
- Top with ice cream.
Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!! Do you see what I mean? A 5 Yum recipe for sure!! Oh my goodness this was so simple to make, so perfectly flavored and just allowed the fresh blackberries to shine! I had to reduce this recipe to 2 servings due to my kids eating my fresh berries before I had a chance to make this dish LOL. Did not change one thing except I did not serve with ice cream this time because it tasted to wonderful on it's own. Thanks Annacia for a truly delightful dish. Tagged you in the Photo Tag game.