Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is almost the ultimate cake recipe: it is elegant enough for company; it offers both chocolate and vanilla; most of it's ingredients are already in your kitchen.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400°C.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and creamy. Add oil and juice. Briskly stir in flour mixed with baking powder. Pour half of the batter into a 9-inch Bundt Pan.
- Stir cocoa into the remaining batter and pour into pan. Gently fold the batter in the pan a few times without mixing it.
- Bake cake in the oven (bottom rack) for 50-60 minutes, let cool, and serve dusted with powdered sugar.
The baking time on this cake seems to be too long. Your instructions say 400 degrees C, did you mean farenheit?? I baked at 400F and after 40min it was beginning to burn a bit. Hopefully the cake is still good. We will know later this evening.