Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb top round beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 red potatoes, halved
- 3 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2 bunches mustard greens, coarsely torn, stems removed (1/2 lb each) or 2 bunches kale or 2 bunches turnip greens (or any combination thereof)
- to taste nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8-inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard.
- Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.