1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Got this off a food blog
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt cream cheese and butter over a double boiler. Whisk to combine. Set aside to cool. Add the cream and whisk to combine.
- 2Meanwhile, line and grease the base and side of a 8-inch spring form cake pan. Preheat oven to 160C (fan-forced).
- 3Sift the cake flour and corn flour to the cheese mixture. Add in egg yolk, lemon juice, sesame powder and salt. Gently whisk to thoroughly combine all the ingredients. At this stage, if your mixture is a bit too stiff, add in 1-2 tbsp of milk. The mixture should be similar to your normal cake mixture.
- 4Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar, tablespoon by tablespoon. Whisk until soft peak forms (don’t whip the egg white too stiff, the cake will be likely to crack).
- 5Add 1/3 of the egg white to the cheese mixture to lighten it. Then, gently but thoroughly fold the egg white to the cheese mixture. Be careful not to destroy all the air bubbles in the egg white.
- 6Gently pour into the prepared pan. Using foil, wrap the outside of the pan. Put the cake pan into a roasting pan. Add boiling water to half-way of the cake pan.
- 7Bake in the oven for 1 hour 10 min or until the cake is set.
- 8Take out, leave in the pan to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Sesame Cottony Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (968 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2799.5
- Calories from Fat 1595
- Total Fat 177.3 g
- Saturated Fat 98.8 g
- Cholesterol 1470.3 mg
- Sodium 1743.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 246.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 149.9 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: