Recipe by Cinnamon1025
A very tasty sandwich recipe. My mother learned this from a friend, and it has become a favorite lunch to impress guests with.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was a nice, tasty sandwich and made a great brown-bag work lunch. I am not a huge fan of almonds, but tried them in the sandwich anyway. I think next time, I would try with toasted walnuts or pecans. Just a personal preference. Thanks for posting this one.
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 8 ounces sliced smoked turkey breast
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Arrange almonds on a cookie sheet and toast for 5 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and ketchup together.
- Toast Pumpernickel bread.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on the toasted bread.
- Layer turkey& bacon.
- Top with toasted almonds.
- Optional: Lettuce and Tomato can also be added.