Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very tasty sandwich recipe. My mother learned this from a friend, and it has become a favorite lunch to impress guests with.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Arrange almonds on a cookie sheet and toast for 5 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and ketchup together.
- Toast Pumpernickel bread.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on the toasted bread.
- Layer turkey& bacon.
- Top with toasted almonds.
- Optional: Lettuce and Tomato can also be added.
This was a nice, tasty sandwich and made a great brown-bag work lunch. I am not a huge fan of almonds, but tried them in the sandwich anyway. I think next time, I would try with toasted walnuts or pecans. Just a personal preference. Thanks for posting this one.
This was my lunch yesterday and I loved it. Five of my co - workers took a byte and they all enjoyed it. I did use some cheese, and tomato. Adding the almonds make the difference. Its defenatly a keeper. Thanks!
I tried this recipe when my friends visited and it got rave reviews! I added some swiss cheese and it was a wonderful lunch.