Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This quick stir-fry is sure to please any crab aficionado who likes it spicy.
- 6 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 piece turmeric, peeled thinly sliced (7 1/2 inches) or 6 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 piece ginger, peeled thinly sliced (3 inches)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 lbs precooked king crab legs or 3 lbs precooked snow crab legs, defrosted if frozen
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Pulse peppercorns in a spice grinder until coarsely ground and set aside. Place garlic, turmeric, ginger, salt, and 2 tbsp water in a food processor. Puree into a smooth paste and transfer to a bowl. Stir in reserved pepper.
- Heat oil in a 14 inch wok or large skillet over medium-low heat. Add paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and paste begins to separate (10 minutes).
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add crab all at once and 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until crab shells are bright red and meat is heated through (5–7 minutes). Serve immediately.