Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So simple and easy and tastes wonderful with some potato chips!!
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives (whole or sliced)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- chips, veggies, crackers, etc
- Reserve black olive juice. Chop black olives.
- In a medium sized bowl whip the cream cheese with a hand blender or a fork.
- Add black olives and about 2 tablespoons of the black olive juice and mix. Add more juice until you reach your desired consistency (I like it creamy but not thinned out). You can also add things like worchestershire, paprika, garlic salt, etc if you'd like to add depth of flavor but I like it just how it is!
- Serve with chips, veggies, crackers, or whatever else you may like!
Wonderful! Made half the recipe for DH and I and we completely licked the platter clean. Such a simple and quick recipe...great for the holidays and New Year. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Made this as a snack this afternoon. It was delicious and simple to prepare. We enjoyed the dip on kettle cooked potato chips. We separated the dip into two batches...one we left as written and the other we added a little garlic and onion powder. I think we all preferred it as originally written. Best of all I now have a potato chip dip that I can make for parties that does not contain any MSG. All of the pre-made french onion dips as well as Lipton onion soup mix contain it, so I have had to skip the dip. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.
Yummy dip! I had about 3 oz cream cheese left over from other recipes and a portion of this recipe worked perfectly to use it up. I only had kalamata olives on hand and since they are stronger than standard black olives I used much less of them (about 1.5-2 oz). Also added a dash of hot paprika and a little fresh garlic. Thanks so much for sharing!