Recipe by Hey Jude
A fun punch for your alcohol-free Halloween party....or add some vodka for the adult party!! The recipe also calls for 2 disposable rubber or latex gloves but I couldn't get that past the Zaar recipe editor. Chicago Sun-Times recipe. Please remember people...this is a Halloween recipe and gross is 'cool' on Halloween!
Top Review by Ima Cookin'
I made this punch this morning here at my office for our "Boo Breakfast". (I swapped Splenda for sugar for my dietary needs.) It really tastes good for as gross as it looks. It's a sort of brownish color. A co-worker said it looks like swamp water! LOL! I hung gummy worms off the side of the punch bowl and froze two of the wax fangs in a small custard cup so they would be floating in the bowl as well as some plastic spiders and rats in ice cube trays. What a surprise when someone dipped out a gummy worm AND a rat at the same time!! Too much fun. Using this same recipe (and accessories!) tomorrow night for a party, but adding vodka for an "adult" version. ;-) (Pics to follow.) UPDATE: Sharing my pic from my office breakfast. I decided to call it Vampire Blood Punch since I was a "devilish vampire" that morning. ;-)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopegrape unsweetened flavored drink mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopeorange unsweetened flavored drink mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll need 2 disposable rubber or latex gloves for this (see note in recipe description).
- In a large punch bowl, combine powdered grape and orange drink mixes, sugar, water and ginger ale. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Wash disposable gloves and fill with water. Twist open ends of gloves and seal with rubber bands. Place gloves in a pan and freeze until solid.
- Briefly dip frozen gloves in warm water. Peel away glove and discard. Float prepared hands in bowl just before serving.