Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is rich but delicious, a must a few times a year, an easy meal for entertaining.
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 lb sliced swiss cheese (4 slices)
- 1⁄4 lb sliced ham (4 slices)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Lay 4 of the breast halves in a glass baking dish.
- add a layer of white swiss cheese.
- cover with slices of ham.
- top with remaining 4 breast halves (to make a sandwich).
- stir up a can of chicken soup, and pour over breasts.
- Cover with foil, bake at 300 for 2 hours.
- remove foil, cover with grated white cheddar return to oven, uncovered until cheese is melted.
- to serve- cut breasts into 1 1/2" thick slices and lay sideways on platter.
Good recipe Lois! I added a strip of bacon to mine.It gave a nice flavor to the chicken and ham. We had cream corn and broccoli with this dish. Thanks for posting this recipe Lois!
Very nice recipe and easy to prepare. The ham and cheese are wonderful with the chicken. Served with mashed potatoes this was a hit. Chicken was a bit dry however. I think 2 hours is a bit long and may have overcooked.
This was really tasty. I loved the flavor of the cheeses with the chicken. It wasn't hard to make. I will make this again, thanks Lois!