Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tried this at a function and had to post recipe here Cooking time is chilling time.
- 250 g plain chocolate biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 300 ml thickened light cream
- 425 g stoneless black cherries in syrup
- 85 g port wine jelly crystals
- Crush biscuits in a food processor until smooth.
- Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press into base and sides of a greased deep 20 x 30cm baking pan. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until smooth.
- Add gelatine and cream, then beat for 1 minute
- Fold through cherries. Spoon onto prepared crust and allow to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare jelly with 1/2 cup boiling water, stir in reserved juice then cool.
- When cheesecake has begun to set, pour cooled jelly over the surface. Chill overnight before cutting into squares to serve.