- 1 (20 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, bottle
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) can buttercream frosting
- 1⁄2 ounce chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake mix, according to package directions for a 2 (9/10 inch) cake pan, using the first 4 ingredients I use Springform pans 10 inch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain Cherries, reserving 2 tbls of Juice.
- Sprinkle over 1 cake layer,.
- Spread with pie filling.
- Place remaining layer on top.
- Add 2 Tbls of Cherry Juice to Buttercream Frosting and Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Decorate with cherries and chocolate curls.