Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just the best cake, Chocolate Cake, with Cherry Pie filling. Topped with butternut Icing. Scrumptious
- 1 (20 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, bottle
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) can buttercream frosting
- 1⁄2 ounce chocolate curls
- Prepare and bake cake mix, according to package directions for a 2 (9/10 inch) cake pan, using the first 4 ingredients I use Springform pans 10 inch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain Cherries, reserving 2 tbls of Juice.
- Sprinkle over 1 cake layer,.
- Spread with pie filling.
- Place remaining layer on top.
- Add 2 Tbls of Cherry Juice to Buttercream Frosting and Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Decorate with cherries and chocolate curls.
This cake tasted good - my dad is a choc covered cherry fan and he loved it. However, it was very messy. It was pretty yummy.
This cake is out of this world !!! Super easy to put togther and very scrumptious. I used the Duncan Hines cake mix and frosting. I attempted my own chocolate curls (that was fun). Loaded with flavor this cake was nice and moist. Thanks Angela :) I wish I could have got a pic. maybe next time.