Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes with the Cajun Style Grits with Blackeye salsa recipe. This salsa was so good that we are sure that it would be just wonderful with tortilla chips.
- 3⁄4 cup black-eyed peas, canned rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped or 3⁄4 cup cooked dry-packaged black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients. Let stand 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
This was great ove Cajun Style Grits With Black-Eyed Peas Salsa! I really enjoyed the lime with the vegetables. Great over the grits! Thanks!
I followed recipe exactly and it was very good. A little dry, so I added a couple splashes fat free italian dressing and that helped. Loved the fact it was low in fat and enjoyed it with tortilla chips. Thanks!
Delicious! Enjoyed this with Cajun Style Grits With Black-Eyed Peas Salsa for New Years Day. Thanks for sharing the recipe!