1/4 Photos of Black-Eyed Peas Salad
Susie D's Note:
This salad would make a terrific addition to summer BBQs and picnics, it travels and holds well. The slightly sweet and spicy dressing gives the vegetables a welcome zing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag black-eyed peas, frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup purple onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 3 jalapenos, seeded & diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced thin
- 1In saucepan, add frozen BE peas, 1/2 t salt, cover with water; bring to a boil and cook until peas are tender (about 40 minutes) adding water if needed; Drain well in colander.
- 2While peas are cooking prepare all vegetables, olives and garlic; stir together in mixing bowl.
- 3Make dressing: Add vinegar, honey, sugar, sage, red pepper flakes, black pepper to small bowl or blender; Slowly beat in the oil until thickened.
- 4Pour drained peas and dressing into the bowl of vegetables; Stir well: Add parsley flakes; Adjust salt& black pepper to taste.
- 5Chill at least 2 hours to let flavors blend; Stir well before serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-Eyed Peas Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 324.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives