Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the realcajunrecipes website.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 bell pepper, small, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, raw
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced and browned
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (Cajun or Creole to taste)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, jalapeno
- Mix all ingredients together in a rice cooker, press the button and cook.
This is a favorite in my house, especially when in a hurry. Serve with a green salad or veggie and a loaf of french bread. One of our go too recipes.
Cant wait to try this in my rice cooker. I will write a review when tried. But this is sure not to dissapoint. Give this a try.