Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a very tasty dip for any party or family get together, the fresh cilantro gives it a wonderful fresh taste.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 (16 ounce) can white hominy
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 4-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite dipping chip.
I made this dish for New Year's Eve dinner, and everyone loved it. It went together quickly and gave me time to prepare the rest of dinner while it sat chilling in the fridge. Its leftovers taste even better the next day!
Wow - this was great stuff. I followed your recipe exactly and it is a keeper. Thank you !
Love it! I've made this for parties, BBQ's, and other events that needed a bring a dish. Everyone loves it. It's easy, healthy, and fresh. The last time I made it into a salad using cucumbers and tomatoes. Great recipe!