Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I do not know where I got this recipe from but I know I adapted it. We eat a mostly fresh / low-meat diet. But you can sub the soy crumbles for ground beef and the vegetables for canned. Excellent for left-over night if you have the rice, beans and a bit of cheese laying around.
- 1 lb morning star farms soy crumbles
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas (or 1/2 c. dry, prepared)
- 1 jalapeno, diced with no seeds
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Brown the soy crumbles or meat. Combine all in a sprayed 13X9" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.