Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Taste of Home Church Supper Cookbook: This group-size meal is quick, simple and tasty.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas with jalapenos, rinsed and drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the rice mixes according to package directions.
- Iin a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink;
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, soup, rice and the beef mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 2 1/2 quart baking dishes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Comforting casserole. Needed additional salt and pepper, for my taste, or would have been too bland.
This was so easy and so good! Everyone we invited over to share this with loved it. Thanks for the great recipe.