Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
As promised, more cilantro recipes! We love, love, love these black beans. I've made hem here and there over the years, and have "rediscovered" them...now that we live in the land or really inexpensive cilantro and super delicious mangoes. My oldest son isn't the biggest fan of beans, but he seemed to enjoy these. I'm not sure if it was the added flavor from the cilantro, or that mangoes were included and made the beans a little sweeter (he'd eat 4 mangoes at once, if I let him!). These beans were a big hit for our family, and made for great lunch leftovers too! Hope you enjoy this spin on black beans!
- Rinse and soak the dried beans overnight. Drain and add to a large saucepan.
- Fill the saucepan with water (and add 2 cups of broth if you'd like the additional flavor), so it covers the beans with at least 1 inch of liquid.
- Add the mangoes, chopped cilantro, cumin and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover ad cook for an hour. After an hour, test the softness of the beans. Cook longer, checking every 10 minutes, if the beans are not tender.
- Prepare rice or other side dish.
- Serve Black Beans with Mangos & Cilantro over brown rice or with other side dish.