I know what you're thinking, black beans and rice, kind of plain, right? But not this recipe--from Goya. My husband thought, "Ok, beans and rice, I already love those, what can be so different about this recipe?" He had to eat his words, along with the beans and rice, lol. With the addition of a few simple things, wow, these are delicious! And so simple, a really quick side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet goya sazon goya, without annatto
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the oil on medium.
- 2Stir in the onion and pepper, add the garlic.
- 3Cook until tender or about 8-10 minutes.
- 4Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Serve over the white rice.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans and Rice(arroz Con Frijoles Negros)
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: