Veggie Frijoles Negros
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 - 1 bag of frozen mixed baby vegetables
- 1 teaspoon better than beef bouillon
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a medium pan, add 1 cup or rice and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium pan.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add cumin and oregano and stir.
- Open the can of beans and pour some of the liquid into the pan and heat until everything softens.
- Add the rest of the beans and liquid, the frozen veggies, the beef boullion and then add enough water (3/4-1 cup) to hold all of the ingredients together nicely.
- Raise heat and bring everything to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a SAHM who loves to cook for my small family! I have a 14 month old daughter, a wonderful husband, a seven year-old Keeshond and a cat named Rex Manly. I really just love this website! I visit it practically every weekday for ideas and recipes and try to always post a review of everything I make from Zaar. The only time I don't is when I have a negative reaction to a recipe that was due to my mistake or if I have substituted so many ingredients that it wouldn't be a fair review. Thanks to all of you wonderful cooks who have made me a better cook myself!