Black Beans and Rice(arroz Con Frijoles Negros)
I know what you're thinking, black beans and rice, kind of plain, right? But not this recipe--from Goya. My husband thought, "Ok, beans and rice, I already love those, what can be so different about this recipe?" He had to eat his words, along with the beans and rice, lol. With the addition of a few simple things, wow, these are delicious! And so simple, a really quick side dish.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 packet goya sazon goya, without annatto
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil on medium.
- Stir in the onion and pepper, add the garlic.
- Cook until tender or about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over the white rice.